Please Note – This class is a ONE TIME training requirement. If you already completed it, you DO NOT need to take it again.
Provider Orientations are mandatory trainings for all home based Care 4 Kids providers (licensed and unlicensed). These trainings will focus on health and safety, child development, Care 4 Kids procedures, and CSEA-SEIU information. Upon completion of orientation session attendance requirement AND issuance of an approved child care certificate and payment from Care 4 Kids, a health and safety materials kit valued at over $150.00 and a $75.00 stipend for attendance will be provided.
- Photo Identification – Acceptable Identification includes the following:
- Out of State driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Connecticut driver’s license
- Non-Driver Photo ID
- Military Identification
- Attendance for full length of training. For online trainings, your camera must remain on for the entire training.
- Participants will be required to sign in and sign out to verify attendance. For online trainings, attendance will be taken every half hour.
- Trainings are for adults 20+ years and older. No child care available.
- Unlicensed Individuals must be a close relative – A close relative is defined as:
- Grandparent/Great Grandparent
- Sibling living outside of the child’s home
The Care 4 Kids Provider Orientation training is online in a virtual classroom through Zoom.
You will receive a link to the online orientation training, resources, and handouts within 10 days before the start date of the orientation. This information will also be mailed to you at the address provided when you register. If you do not receive these items, please contact POP@ctunitedway.org or call 1-800-505-1000. You must have reliable access to the internet, have a camera and be able to hear sound and speak in order to participate in an online orientation. Please set aside time for the provider orientation and plan on being on camera, which will include using audio and video. Partial attendance cannot be given credit.
A Certificate of Attendance will be emailed to you when orientation is verified.
Para asistencia en Español, favor de ponerse en contacto con 2-1-1 Child Care al 1-800-505-1000 or Registración para la Orientación de Proveedores de Care 4 Kids