What Are The Most Common Types of Accreditation?

You can find accredited child care programs by calling 211 Child Care at 1-800-505-1000 or search at search.211childcare.org


National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Type of child care: Child Care Centers, School Based Settings
Main standards addressed:
  • Relationships
  • Curriculum (goals that promote learning )
  • Teaching (teaching approaches)
  • Assessment of Child Progress (provide information on children’s learning and development)
  • Health (promotes nutrition and health)
  • Teachers (meets educational qualifications)
  • Families (establishes collaborative relationships)
  • Community Relationships (establishes relationship with community)
  • Physical Environment (indoor and outdoor space, equipment and materials)
  • Leadership and Management (policies and procedures support program management)

Website:  www.naeyc.org

Phone:  1-800-424-2460

The New England Association of Schools and Colleges, (NEASC)

Types of child care:  School Based Settings

Main standards addressed:

  • Mission and Expectations
  • Curriculum
  • Instruction
  • Assessment
  • Leadership and Organization
  • School Resources for Learning
  • Community Resources for Learning

Website:  http://cpems.neasc.org/standards-policies/elementary-standards

Phone:  855-886-3272

Head Start

Types of child care:  Child Care Centers, School Based Settings

Main Standards Addressed:

  • Learning Environment
  • Health and Nutrition
  • Relationships
  • Curriculum

Website:  http://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc/hs/about


National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC)

Type of child care:  Family Child Care

Main standards addressed:

  • Relationships
  • The Environment
  • Developmental Learning Activities
  • Safety and Health
  • Professional Business Practices

Website:  www.nafcc.org

Phone:  1-800-359-3817


Council on Accreditation (COA)

Website:  www.coanet.org/home


To find accredited programs in your area contact 211 Child Care at 1-800-505-1000 or search on the web at resources.211childcare.org


 > Learn about state licensing 




Translate »